In Dead Space Remake (Dead Space 2023), players can tackle the “Premeditated Malpractice” side quest. In this optional mission, players must figure out the origins of “Hunter” or the “Regenerator” Necromorph. Get to know where to go, rewards of this side mission, and more using this guide.
Dead Space Remake Premeditated Malpractice Walkthrough
Although this side quest can be done at your own pace, the Chapters below are the earliest in which you can take the next steps to progress. Also note that you can do this quest up until Chapter 10.
Medical Bay – Part 1
Scan the tissue sample
- Take the tissue sample from the remains of the “Hunter”.
- Proceed to the scanner in the Medical Bay. Backtrack a bit and arm yourself when you pass by a shop.
- Use the Scanner and prepare to defend yourself.
- Fight the Necromorphs and wait until the scanner finishes processing the sample.
Medical Bay – Part 2
Find Harris’s ICU bed
- Take the elevator back up and return to the Security Station of Medical.
- Head to the ICU by going through the Clinic and the Emergency Room.
- Activate the farthest panel in the ICU to play a holograph recording.
- Watch until the end to get the next objective
Investigate Ore Storage
- Descend into the Mining Deck until you arrive at the laser trap corridor.
- Navigate your way through the corridor but don’t turn right to the main objective just yet, move until you reach the farthest room, “Ore Storage”.
- Enter the room and collect the items scattered around the area. Use Kinesis to move the crates stacked at the left side of the room.
- Interact with the terminal to play an Audio Log previously hidden by the crates.
- Finish the Audio Log to get next objective.
Find Report on the Bridge
- The next objective is located in the Bridge of the Ishimura. Use the tram to easily go to the Bridge. You can do this after clearing Chapter 7 as you have to be there for the main story in Chapter 8.
- In the Main Atrium of the bridge, interact with the large display panel to your right. View the recording and follow Nicole.
- Finish the recording to get to the next and final part of this side quest.
- Take the tram and go to Hydroponics.
- Make your way to the West Grow Chamber and use the central elevator to get to the 2nd floor.
- Go through the Control Hydroponics to get into the Nutrition Systems room.
- Navigate the poisonous air until you reach the door to the Diagnostics Lab.
- Interact with the Audio Log in the room.
- Get the Prototype Stasis Module on the work bench.
- Defeat the lone Necromorph.
- Finish the side quest.
Dead Space Remake Premeditated Malpractice – How To Unlock
Unlocks In Chapter 6
This quest is immediately triggered after you get the Tissue Sample after defeating the Hunter in Chapter 5. This prompts Isaac on a quest of curiosity to figure out who is the Hunter and what made it.
How To Find The Report On The Bridge
An objective that you need to complete is to look for the report on the bridge. As this objective is vague with the terminal that you need to proceed, it may be easy to get lost and look around the large area that is the Main Atrium. The terminal that you need to interact with is the large one immediately seen once you enter the Main Atrium from the tram.
Dead Space Remake Premeditated Malpractice – Rewards
- Prototype Stasis Module
- Final Regeneration Achievement
The Prototype Stasis Module is an upgrade to Isaac’s Stasis Module, making it significantly more effective in combat. This is a must-have if you plan on breezing through the final chapters of Dead Space Remake.
Read the Prototype Stasis Module to know more about its effect and usage.