It’s that time of the year again and we have a new battle pass in DOTA 2. With boatloads of exclusive content, TI Battle Passes are one of the most anticipated annual content for the game. But you might wonder, how do I actually gift the Battle Pass to another player? Are there benefits or advantages? Read this guide to know more.
10/27 Update: You can now claim the battle pass for free using the Dota 2 swag bag. Get to know more of it with this article.
How To Gift DOTA 2 Battle Pass 2022
- Run DOTA 2
- While on the main screen, click “Purchase Battle Pass”
- Click “Gift A Battle Pass”on the left-hand side of the screen
- Select the pack that you want to purchase
- Select the Steam account that you want to gift it to
- Write a message (optional) and click on “Wrap Gift” to send it
- Pay for the Battle Pass using Steam Credits (guide for debit card users)
- Wait for the “Your gift has been delivered.”
- Ask the recipient to unwrap the gift
Benefits Of Gifting DOTA 2 Battle Pass
You Get Extra Levels
The main benefit of gifting battle passes to others is that you get extra points that contribute to your Battle Pass level. For the most expensive pack, the 100-level Starting Point package, you also get an extra two levels for gifting it instead of nothing if you buy it on your own. This shaves off a bit of play time and grind.
Don’t Gift The Standard Battle Pass
The standard battle pass is almost twice as expensive if you gift it compared to buying it on your own. If you are planning on gifting a standard Battle Pass, it’s better if you just give him/her some Steam credits to buy using their account instead of receiving it as a gift.
Read the official DOTA 2 Battle Pass 2022 page here.