Motorola, or moto as they are known nowadays, has been a household name for smartphones ever since the dawn of the millennium. In the Philippines, however, they have had to lay low for a while but are now making a comeback several new devices; one of which is the moto G 5G Plus which aims to be ultrafast for all regardless of your needs.
Meet The moto g 5G Plus
The moto g 5G Plus is the modern revitalization of the brand. It greets you with a 6.7-inch 2560 x 1080 CinemaVision display that runs at 90Hz and supports HDR10. Its rather large screen is suitable for enjoying videos as it can deliver crisp and well-saturated picture quality.
The display is complemented by a single-bottom firing speaker. Though a proper set of earphones is still the optimal way to experience music, the moto g 5G Plus’ audio system is loud and detailed enough for you to enjoy tunes with a group of your friends or properly hear meetings and classes.
To keep you using the smartphone throughout the day, moto has packed it with a 5,000mAh battery paired with 20W Fast Charging through its USB Type-C port. Under medium usage, we can usually reach more than a day of usage with the moto g 5G plus. This includes watching high-definition videos via 5G or WiFi, working, and listening to music
5G for the Masses
It’s no secret that 5G is already becoming available in key areas in the metro. There are a few hiccups, however, for those who would like to experience next generation speeds. Most 5G smartphones rest in the higher end of the market, but not everyone has the dough to spend for a flagship-class device. The moto g 5G Plus aims to bring 5G to the masses by offering faster mobile data speeds in a midrange package.
We tested the smartphone’s 5G connectivity by going to places that have 5G coverage in the metro: Greenbelt and Bonifacio Global City. The fastest data speeds we clocked via the SpeedTest app was a whopping 136Mbps download, which is miles faster than the average 40Mbps that we get using 4G LTE.
The fast mobile data speeds and large, detailed screen allows us to stream high-quality music as well as turn up the definition on Netflix and YouTube videos on the moto g 5G plus. This enables for an ultrafast for all experience.
Cameras to Bring Out the Photographer in You
What is a smartphone nowadays without a complete imaging system? Fortunately, the moto g 5G Plus comes with a suite of cameras to bring out your creativity. At the back are is a quad camera setup composed of: a 48MP f/1.7 main camera, an 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide, a 5MP f/2.2 macro lens, and a 2MP f/2.2 depth sensor.
Be it nature, cityscape, or photos of your pets, the moto g 5G Plus gives you the option to cover all and more. Its main camera can produce crisp and detailed photos while its ultrawide lens gives you the option to fit more into one frame. Check out the photos above to see what kind of images the smartphone can produce.
If you like to take selfies, the device has you covered as well with its 16MP f/2.0 main selfie shooter and 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide. Both take outstanding selfies with natural-looking skin and faces. If you want more detail, then use its main camera so you can capture
What Else Do You Get with the moto g 5G Plus?
Aside from its support for 5G, wide range of camera systems, and large battery and screen, the moto g 5G Plus comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. You also get dual-band WiFi and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for faster Internet connection and ergonomic unlocking, respectively.
At PhP 16,990 the moto g 5G Plus has the complete package, which is also ultrafast for all regardless of usage.
You can visit Motorola Philippines’ official Facebook page for more information, visit the nearest authorized reseller nationwide or the Lenovo Mobile official store in Lazada to upgrade to one of the most affordable 5G smartphone in the market.
|moto g 5G Plus|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 765|
|Screen||6.7-inch LTPS IPS, 2560 x 1080, 90Hz, HDR10|
|Rear Camera||48MP f/1.7 Main, 8MP f/2.2 Ultrawide, 5MP f/2.2 Macro, 2MP f/2.2 Depth|
|Front Camera||16MP f/2.0, 8MP f/2.2 Ultrawide|
|Storage||64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 expandable via MicroSD Slot|
|Connectivity||Dual-band WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB Type-C|
|Battery||5,000mAh, 20W Fast Charging|
|Others||Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, 3.5mm Audio Jack|
- The prices mentioned are exclusive of all taxes & octroi.
- 48 MP sensor combines 4 pixels into 1 large quad pixel, for a photo resolution of 12 MP.
- 16 MP sensor combines 4 pixels into 1 large quad pixel, for a photo resolution of 4 MP.
- Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. Charger sold separately in some markets. All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.
- Trademarks: MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2020 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved. moto g 5G plus is designed and manufactured for Motorola Mobility, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lenovo.
- Trademarks: Lenovo, ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and the Lenovo logo are trademarks of Lenovo.