There’s no denying it. Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine 2 is finally confirmed and with it is a trailer showcasing the graphics, setting, and a bit of gameplay. This is a decade after the original was released. Just announced yesterday, Space Marine 2 is confirmed to be a sequel to the first one, with the protagonist Captain (?) Titus removing his helmet at the end of the trailer.
One important thing to note is that the developer for Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 is not the ones from the previous game. Taking over Relic Entertainment is Saber Interactive, a developer known for World War Z and ports for famous games such as Crysis and Witcher 3. They are also known for bringing Road Redemption to the masses.
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 Trailer
Confirmed Content Based On The Trailer
- Gameplay is still 3rd-person.
- Titus is now a Primaris Space Marine, a buffed up, taller, and faster version of a normal Space Marine.
- Titus now wears an Ultramarines Lieutenant Helmet (red and white stripe on the helmet). This means that Titus may have been demoted from Captain in the previous game.
- The enemies are Tyranids, aliens that feed on biomass to grow. We can expect larger variants in the game.
- Accompanying Titus in the trailer is an unknown sergeant and an unknown Intercessor. They may play a part in the game’s story.
- Primaris with jump packs. For those not in the know, there is neither WH40K lore about this nor a Primaris model that can do this on the tabletop. If it’s not a big deal for you, it is a big deal for tabletop players.
- Hope they fix the backpack unit. It’s a bit low compared to the models.
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 Release Date
As of the writing of this article, there is still no confirmed release date for Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2. If you wish to know more about this game, you can visit the official site here.
The game will be playable on the PS5, Xbox Series S|X, and PC.