The Golden Hammer (Gold Plated Hammer) is a unique item that you can pick up in Wasteland 3. You can find it inside a safe in the Little Hell section of Aspen. However, the item itself is neither a weapon nor a quest item. What should you do with it? Here’s how:
*The Golden Hammer or Gold Plated Hammer is not related to the Golden Toaster quest. To look for parts of that quirky sidequest, you can check out our guide here.
How To Get The Wasteland 3 Golden Hammer
Key Locations In Little Hell
The Golden Hammer is a key that you can use to open a hidden safe in Little Hell. To get the Golden Hammer, you must first open the main safe using 2 methods (3 actually, but the last one is bugged as of version 1.1.0):
Method 1: Use Lockpick To Open The Safe
Method 2: Kill For The Key To The Safe
A barbaric but quick and effective method is to kill the person holding the key for the safe and get the Golden Hammer. To get the key, you need to find Llewellyn first. You can find Llewellyn heavily injured in the eastern part of Little Hall. You have 2 options here: feed him with laxatives (3rd option) or kill him for the key.
Note that Healing Llewellyn won’t convince him to give you the key, so you’ll be left to open it using Lockpick skills. On the otherhand, you can pick the conversation option to kill him. This choice will then tear his body into two, dropping the key to the safe in the process.
Some Tips About Killing Llewellyn
You can kill Llewellyn after capturing Vic Buchanan for the key. This action affects neither your reputation or your standing with the Hundred Families. You can do this safely by choosing to kill Llewellyn in the conversation choices.
Also note that force shooting Llewellyn will cause both Marshal Kwon and Lucia Wesson to leave your party.
Method 3: Give Llewellyn Some Laxatives (Bugged)
There is a third option present and that is to make a laxative for Llewellyn. However, this method is currently bugged as of Patch 1.1.1. You can make the Laxative by interacting with the chemistry set located by the wall of the Breathers’ Lab.
Llewllyn’s Laxative Recipe
Use the laxative recipe /combination (MG, S, O-4) to produce the laxative (you can view the formula using a Lore Book called “Everybody Shits!”).
Giving the Laxative to Llewellyn does produce “Shit” behind him. Unfortunately, the bug is that you won’t be able to interact with his stool to get the key.
How To Use The Wasteland 3 Golden Hammer
Open The Hidden Safe
Or You Can Sell it
Alternatively, you can make use of the Golden Hammer by selling it to a merchant. The extra cash that you can gain from it can be quite helpful during this stage of the game.
Remember that you can always buy it back once you decide to have a melee-specialist character in your team.
Other Useful Wasteland 3 Articles
- Cult of the Holy Detonation Endings
- Deuterium Choices – Attack or Sacrifice?
- How To Remove Tumors on Chests & Doors
- Elite Pre-War Tac Set Crafting Recipes & Stats
- How To Use Vial of Advanced DNA
- KEG Puzzle Solution
- Hazmat Suit Location & Crafting Recipe
- Remove Holy Radiation Status
- How To Get Night Terror
- How To Unlock Steeltown Markham’s Room
- Steeltown Ending Choice
- Steeltown Radio Puzzle Solution
- Power Armor Set Location
- Nucular Armor Set Location
- Verchitin Armor Set Location
- Exoskeleton Armor Set Location
- How To Use Tactical Nukes
- How To Get The Lancer (Gears of War) Assault Rifle
- How To Get The Best SMG (PDW-01) Fast
- Golden Scorpitron Guide
- Knox Bison Ranch Location
- Union Station Bug Fixes & Workarounds
- Abandoned Oil Well Location
- Golden Toaster Location & Ally
- The Disappeared Quest Choices & Rewards
- Morningstar Choices – AI or Weapon?
- Massacre Site Location & Secrets
You can check out Wasteland 3 on Steam here.